Join a Team Bonded by Good Chemistry
In this role you will be responsible for full process development of the existing and new laboratory routes of the target molecule/s. The successful candidate must be able to:
- evaluate the existing small (mg) scale routes to define the scale up strategies with the aim to increase the yields, improve the product quality attributes, reduce cost, streamline the synthesis, and optimize any safety and environmental aspects of the process
- design and execute experiments to practically demonstrate the improvements
- design and execute experiments to justify operational ranges and process boundaries
- investigate new and novel solid forms, such as salts, co-crystals, solvates and covalent modifications of the target molecule/s to support the company’s portfolio of new products of commercial value and intellectual property
- troubleshoot and experimentally support the identification of root causes of experimental failures encountered during developmental or demonstration batch execution
- evaluate raw materials and reagents to establish quality attributes for these materials
- report results in a consistent and concise manner, both verbally and in writing, to the management and external collaborators
- produce technical documentation of high quality
- propose, monitor and/or execute stability studies to justify storage and/or transport conditions for intermediates and final products
- Sc. or Ph.D. (preferred) in Organic Chemistry
- Demonstrated experience in process development for active pharmaceutical ingredients or small organic molecules.
- Must be able to multi task with initiative
- Experience in HPLC analysis an asset
- Strong aptitude in time management, punctuality and reliability.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail; accuracy in all tasks performed
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and a team player
- Ability to organize information in the most user friendly and efficient manner.
- Enthusiastic, positive, persistent.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org